For physicians on the go.
Dragon® Medical Practice Edition + Olympus DS-7000
The Olympus DS-7000 Professional Digital Recorder
The DS-7000 sets a new industry standard in professional dictation equipment. Designed for professionals who rely on secure, flexible, reliable products as integral parts of their office workflow, it features real-time 256-bit file encryption, a redesigned, independently housed microphone, enhanced battery life and next-generation Olympus Dictation Management Systems (ODMS) software. The DS-7000 – Dictation … defined.
Olympus DS-7000 Digital Recorder Features
Device password protection and DSS Pro real-time 128- or 256-bit file encryption makes the DS-7000 ideal for workplace environments that deal with sensitive information.
|FULL WORKFLOW INTEGRATION|
Packaged with next-generation Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) software and compatible with Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software, the DS-7000 is designed to become an essential part of any office’s dictation workflow directly out of the box. Support for up to 32 index marks per dictation file makes it easy to locate critical information.
A vast array of functions and accessories, audio codes and indexing options, as well as support for multiple worktypes and users, makes the DS-7000 customizable enough to suit any purpose in any IT environment. The ODMS software is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista and XP and Mac OS X.
|SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY|
The DS-7000’s redesigned, speech-optimized microphone is independently housed for flawless sound reproduction. It offers multiple recording modes, as well as two quality levels – QP (16 kHz/28 kbps) and SP (12 kHz/13.7 kbps).
|EXPANDABLE STORAGE CAPACITY|
Dual SD and microSD card slots allow for up to 32GB of total memory. The included 2GB microSD card holds up to approximately 306 hours of recording time.
|MULTIPLE LANGUAGE LCD|
The DS-7000’s 2-inch color LCD screen supports 3 languages, English, French and Spanish, as well as personalized welcome messages.
|LONGER BATTERY LIFE|
A Li-ion battery (710mAh), rechargeable through your computer’s USB port, allows for up to 26 hours of recording time on a single charge.
A durable, precise slide switch, redesigned playback controls and three programmable function buttons allow for simple, easy device operation.
A redesigned docking station recharges the Li-ion battery and allows for hands-free recording, playback and interaction with the ODMS software.
Olympus DS-7000 Review
The Olympus DS-7000 is being hailed as the new standard amongst professionals who consistently need to record their voice.
What Are the Features And Benefits?
- Brilliant Color LCD: Many users of the Olympus DS 7000 love the large, 2-inch LCD that shows your recording time, battery level, folder, time left, and VU-Bargraph, or microphone level. You are able to view all of these while you are recording.
- Easy One-Hand Operation: The slideswitch was patterned after a micro-cassette recorder, so that with one control you can either Record, Stop, Play, or Rewind. A 3rd-generation durable accessory, you’ll love the precision you experience with the Olympus DS-7000.
- Total Workflow Integration: Users will quickly notice that the next-generation Olympus Dictation Management System, or ODMS, comes packaged with the DS-7000. You can send dictation to your transcriptionist sitting right next to you or miles away. Furthermore, you can send for automatic transcription using Dragon® Medical Practice Edition.
- Improved Security Features: Many users will be excited to find out about the new security that really improves your use of the Olympus DS-7000. It is perfect for sensitive information, such as the medical dictation common in your day. The recorder can have a 4-digit PIN in place, and 128 and 256-bit AES encryption of each dictation file.
- Incredible Quality of Sound: Probably one of the most important components would have to be masterful sound quality. Innovative and super accurate, the microphone is independently housed. The benefit of this is that it reduces pickup of movements and also little bumps. The skilled sound reproduction comes with up to 16Khz/28kbps quality and 5-star accuracy when coupled with Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
- Included CR-15 Download/Charging Cradle: This convenient feature lets you automatically charge your recorder. For downloads, just place it into the cradle.